Info on Dominica please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkpix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Trying to plan a dive trip to Dominica. Don't know anything about it. Was thinking about Fort Young. We just learned that Buddy Dive will be joining them this summer. It seems like the price combined price is ALOT more.

Where has anyone stayed and dove with. Am excited about great diving and very interested in the land tours. A nice day of hiking to a waterfall and birding would be GREAT!!!

Thanks

I just visited last year. I can give you lots of info. PM me for details if you don't get anyone else.

---------- Post added May 29th, 2015 at 08:15 PM ----------

This can get you started David E in Roseau - TripAdvisor

We visited with a group in 2006 and the island is beautiful.
Visiting the waterfalls was an amazing experience.
The travel was a headache and is the main reason we will not return.
We stayed at the Fort Young and were disappointed in the rooms.
At the time, some rooms were older and needed updating.

drrich2:
Thanks for the links you posted. I enjoyed reading them and they have a lot of information.

I have been wanting to dive in Dominica. I am working on making it happen next year.
Question: If we rent a jeep, how much is the cost for a week's rental? How much is unleaded gasoline there/gallon? I tried to contact Collin(?) about the rental but have not heard back. Any other suggestion for jeep rental?
Thank you.

I just visited last year. I can give you lots of info. PM me for details if you don't get anyone else.

---------- Post added May 29th, 2015 at 08:15 PM ----------

This can get you started David E in Roseau - TripAdvisor

Post details here, rather than in a PM... so the next person asking can find them as well!

:D

Trying to plan a dive trip to Dominica. Don't know anything about it. Was thinking about Fort Young. We just learned that Buddy Dive will be joining them this summer. It seems like the price combined price is ALOT more.

Where has anyone stayed and dove with. Am excited about great diving and very interested in the land tours. A nice day of hiking to a waterfall and birding would be GREAT!!!

Thanks

to me, the southern marine preserve if the best. have dove both the south and north ones in dominica. dive dominiaca very good in the south.

P3175144-adj-trim-small.jpg

Dominica is a fantastic island. Best to spend two weeks and also really see the interior. We used Nature Island Dive about 20 minutes south of town. Never more than 6 on a dive and usually only 2 or 4. I'd love to go back but getting there is a pain. Food is not that good. But the very green interior with tons of rivers and waterfalls makes up for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom