Drift Snorkel on Klein Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Montana Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,
My wife has heard nothing but great things of a drift Snorkel excursion on Klein on Trip advisor. We are divers, but our daughter and son-in-law are not and thought this might be a good outing for them. We will be there in January. Has anyone done this? Is it as good as TA users are saying? Any advice is appreciated,
Tom

It's probably this one. I haven't done it. Snorkeling Klein Bonaire - Don't Miss These Stunning Reefs
They have to buy a BMP tag also but theirs only costs $10.

It's been a few years but at some of the Klein sites you could dive while they snorkel. The moorings are in shallow water and the island itself is pretty close - at one we found turtles under the boat - it couldn't have been 10' deep. I think the site might've been Jerry's Reef but ask someone if that's right since the next mooring over is deep water.

Bonaire Dive & Adventure does snorkel trips also. They're on Bari Reef - also an excellent dive. I poked around for 10mins. in less than 6' of water to the south of the dock. Some of the rubble/pier debris from the former resort is in the water there. Also they have naturalists on staff there and also run snorkel trips to the Mangroves north of Lac Bay.

Renee is also supposed to be an excellent guide - https://www.facebook.com/ReneeSnorkelTripsBonaire

Last edited:
You really need to take a trip on the Woodwind. Dee is AWESOME!!! They serve drinks and a lunch and the snorkeling is the best. They go everyday except Sunday. They are voted #1 on Trip Advisor.

Back
Top Bottom