St. Kitts (Pro Divers) and Antigua Dive (Jolly Dive) Report - WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Towjumper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Four family members, my sister and brother-in-law (both 150+ dives, very experienced), and my son and I went diving in St. Kitts and Antigua during a cruise vacation last week.

I was certified through YMCA many many years ago and last dove over 20 years ago. My 15 year son old wanted to try scuba on this vacation. I thought about getting us both certified before the trip but, school, getting his Eagle Scout, and sports prohibited anything but a quickie three day class (amazed that is possible after my YMCA grind of a 6 week class). I think I want him to get the full measure of scuba certification so we ran out of time before the cruise.

We did go over some scuba pool drills and hand signals (as best as I could recall) before the trip.

I was hesitant to do the discover scuba, but my son was already an accomplished skin diver from previous trips so we signed up.

Terry and (his wonderful wife) from Pro Divers in St. Kitts met us at the pier as soon as the ship docked and drove us the very short trip to Pro Divers. Terry went over the scuba skills pool portion with my son and I watched and preformed them as well. I cant stress enough how calm but serious Terry was with my son who had just turned 15 the day before... .

Soon the rest of the divers arrived, we were seven including us, my sister and brother-in-law, and three fellow cruisers.

Terry and Austin from Pro Divers took us on two awesome tank dives around 40 feet deep and around 55 minutes. One was a reef dive and another a wreck dive. My son was hooked! The wreck dive was his favorite memory of the cruise.
11336953_922229707837039_8135277125319543573_o.jpg

The next day we tagged along with my sister again since they had planned to dive Antigua with Jolly Dive. She emailed Paul at Jolly (he is a total character) and they made arrangement for another Discover Scuba with our own instructor who again tested and briefed my son. I wish I could remember her name (Leslie? She is Canadian). We again had two dives 40-45 feet max and saw sharks, 3 rays in the sand in formation like fighter jets, lobster etc. Super fun.

11427310_922230071170336_5837733797032515774_o.jpg

Anyway, loved both these companies and highly recommend them.

Thanks for the report. Going to Antigua for a couple of weeks in Jan. '16 and staying near Jolly Harbour.

Don't cruise ships come in on a different side of the island from where Jolly Dive is?

I think it was about a 30 minute cab ride from the Dock - we had 8 customers on the boat, 4 from the cruise and 4 who were staying on the Island.

Did you notice Paul's bow tie and dress shirt? My son thought he was hoot and instantly said he wanted a t-shirt from Jolly Dive.

Wondered what he was wearing. Have seen DMs wear a few different things. Like DMs who do weird things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom