Mustique Island ( St Vincent and the Grenadines) - How's the diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpecht

Registered
Reaction score
West Hollywood, California, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to have the opportunity to stay on Mustique for a week in August, and I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the diving there. There is apparently a dive shop, but I can't find much info on the quality of diving off Mustique. If it's pretty good I'm going to plan on a few days of diving at least, if not...I may leave my scuba gear behind. :)

It's been a few years since we've sailed that way, but there is good diving there, especially if the conditions are calm. There are numerous reefs and islets on the exposed (and deep) north and east sides. You might see anything coming in from the deep. August can be very calm at times, so those sites will be easier to get to.

I got back in early September. Overall, I thought it was "fine" diving, nothing too remarkable. The viz was moderate for the Caribbean, not too much in the way of vibrant color. I did see over three dives: lots of hawksbill turtles, a nurse shark, eels, and a couple spotted rays. I'd dive there again (if I'm lucky enough to go to the island again), but I wouldn't go just for diving alone, I've been to a lot of better dive locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom