Dive Saint Lucia vs. Scuba Steve's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michaelwh

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been hunting around on the boards and have found recommendations for both "Dive Saint Lucia" (DSL) and "Scuba Steve's" (SS).

Both have great ratings on Trip Advisor, so I'm trying to decide between them. SS has website with a ton of information, while DSL has a very pretty site but it doesn't provide a clear picture of how their operation works.

Can anyone provide an opinion on the difference between the two operations?

Some info about me:
-I'll be arriving by cruise ship
-I just finished my OW, so I'm really new to diving

Thanks!

Some info about me:
-I'll be arriving by cruise ship
-I just finished my OW, so I'm really new to diving

Thanks!

Arrange your diving through the cruise ship.

• Use their dive op - the cruise ship waits for you if you're late getting back
  • Use a different dive op - if you're late getting back maybe you can wave to the cruise ship as it pulls out

Thanks for the feedback RJP. For several reasons I'm trying to avoid diving through the cruise: price, group size, and lack of options.

I did email Dive Saint Lucia, here's the response for anyone interested:

• Do you offer a pickup/drop off at the cruise docks?
    • ​Unfortunately, at this moment we are unable to pick up from cruise ships.
      We are in the proses of sorting this issue out. We do apologies for any inconvenience caused and we are working hard to make it possible.
  • How many divers do you typically have on a boat?
    • Maximum of 25 but most likely around 10.
  • Do your dive packages include all required equipment and a wetsuit?
    • No, equipment gets charged separate but if you let me know what package in particular you are interested I can give you the exact price.
  • The website says "All Dives with DSL include: two guided dives per day" but there is a price for "1 Dive: US$85". Does "1 dive" mean 1 tank per dive, or is it really just a single dive?
    • It is just a single dive and most likely they have to stay on the boat while others do a second dive
  • My wife doesn't dive. Do you offer the ability to snorkel from the same boat?
    • Yes we offer guided snorkeling and a boat ride is possible too.
  • Where do you normally do your dives? I've heard that Superman's Flight is a really good spot.
    • All along the east coast

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom