british virgin islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pammyk

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a place for next year...just doing my research... and am wondering what the diving in the british virgin islands is like. Has anyone on this board ever dove there? If so...how was it? Where did you stay? We have a time share that we're going to trade next summer. I've also considered Turks and Caicos. Any other ideas would be great. Obviously we're open to anything. Night life would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

Pam :diver:

hey, i dont if you have done a search, cause i know there is alot of info out there on the bvi's i have been twice, for a total of 6 weeks. i loved it both times. although i cant help with the lodging situation, i can say the diving is very interesting, now does it compare to turks and caicos? i cant say having never been there.
there are many great sites, and alot of cool stuf to see!

Use the Search button at the top of the page, then go to Advanced Search.

Type Virgin and BVI in the suject space; key the Carribean forum; and Search.

Narrow your questions down and maybe ask them in that forum.

I'll ask a Mod if we can move this one there. The Lessor Antiles are a long way from Central American. :D

Looking over the Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section you will see that we have a forum dedicated to the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas. As the BVIs are located there, and not in Central or South America, I have taken the liberty of moving your post in the hope it will get a more complete response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
Looking over the Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section you will see that we have a forum dedicated to the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas. As the BVIs are located there, and not in Central or South America, I have taken the liberty of moving your post in the hope it will get a more complete response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hey doc...thanks for doing that for me...I really appreciate it!

Pam,

Check out this Message Board:
http://www.traveltalkonline.com/

Also here is a website for Blue Water Divers:http://www.bluewaterdiversbvi.com/private_charters.html

PineFish

pammyk:
I'm trying to find a place for next year...just doing my research... and am wondering what the diving in the british virgin islands is like. Has anyone on this board ever dove there? If so...how was it? Where did you stay? We have a time share that we're going to trade next summer. I've also considered Turks and Caicos. Any other ideas would be great. Obviously we're open to anything. Night life would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

Pam :diver:

Hi Pam, I have been to the BVI's twice. There are some interesting sites there, wreck, walls, reefs, etc. The vis was good (80ft ++) at most sites except when the Northern Swells rolled in. Most of the sites are close and the seas are fairly calm. You will not however find anything terribly deep, most of the sites are 40-80 ft. Lots of marine life, small stuff, turtles, rays, and we did see a huge Goliath Grouper.

As for the Night Life, it totally depends on what island you are on, we had our own boat so we were all over the place. Tortola has the most Night Life.

We used Aquaventure the first time and UBS Dive Center the second time. I really liked the UBS setup.

Sean

I've been to the BVI 5 times and will go back. I love it. The diving is great, people are great. Just make sure you get a good dive op. Some of them aren' so hot. Try Dive BVI. They are awesome. Gucci diving. The DM/instructors are wonderful people. But Do not use Sunchaser Scuba.
My favorite island is Virgin Gorda. It has something for everyone.
I have pictures from the last trip posted on webshots.

community.webshots.com/user/goodknight411

and one of the local intructors pics

community.webshots.com/user/gondek

If you have any specific questions about the BVI (places to stay, what to see) just PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom