Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: british virgin islands

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

british virgin islands

I'm trying to find a place for next year...just doing my research... and am wondering what the diving in the british virgin islands is like. Has anyone on this board ever dove there? If so...how was it? Where did you stay? We have a time share that we're going to trade next summer. I've also considered Turks and Caicos. Any other ideas would be great. Obviously we're open to anything. Night life would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

Pam

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    hey, i dont if you have done a search, cause i know there is alot of info out there on the bvi's i have been twice, for a total of 6 weeks. i loved it both times. although i cant help with the lodging situation, i can say the diving is very interesting, now does it compare to turks and caicos? i cant say having never been there.
    there are many great sites, and alot of cool stuf to see!
    What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?
    -Novalis

Make Bubbles

ScubaBoard Supporter

Go Red - Support SB!

Trying to stay out of trouble

One kilometer high on the Texas High Plains
    Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Use the Search button at the top of the page, then go to Advanced Search.

Type Virgin and BVI in the suject space; key the Carribean forum; and Search.

Narrow your questions down and maybe ask them in that forum.

I'll ask a Mod if we can move this one there. The Lessor Antiles are a long way from Central American.
    You can test the tanks you breathe or - dive on hope.
    Testing is safer...

Great news for vacation divers who cannot talk themselves into buying a personal CO tank tester!

>> Rent one for a week or longer here <<

Yeah it's just the air we breath - at depth!

Has not set a "status"

Hi, Pam.

Looking over the Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section you will see that we have a forum dedicated to the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas. As the BVIs are located there, and not in Central or South America, I have taken the liberty of moving your post in the hope it will get a more complete response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by DocVikingo
    Looking over the Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section you will see that we have a forum dedicated to the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas. As the BVIs are located there, and not in Central or South America, I have taken the liberty of moving your post in the hope it will get a more complete response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo
    Hey doc...thanks for doing that for me...I really appreciate it!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

BVI Message Board

Pam,

Check out this Message Board:
    http://www.traveltalkonline.com/

Also here is a website for Blue Water Divers:http://www.bluewaterdiversbvi.com/private_charters.html

PineFish

Quote Originally Posted by pammyk
    I'm trying to find a place for next year...just doing my research... and am wondering what the diving in the british virgin islands is like. Has anyone on this board ever dove there? If so...how was it? Where did you stay? We have a time share that we're going to trade next summer. I've also considered Turks and Caicos. Any other ideas would be great. Obviously we're open to anything. Night life would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

Pam

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Hi Pam, I have been to the BVI's twice. There are some interesting sites there, wreck, walls, reefs, etc. The vis was good (80ft ++) at most sites except when the Northern Swells rolled in. Most of the sites are close and the seas are fairly calm. You will not however find anything terribly deep, most of the sites are 40-80 ft. Lots of marine life, small stuff, turtles, rays, and we did see a huge Goliath Grouper.

As for the Night Life, it totally depends on what island you are on, we had our own boat so we were all over the place. Tortola has the most Night Life.

We used Aquaventure the first time and UBS Dive Center the second time. I really liked the UBS setup.

Sean
    Sean C.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Check with dive tortola, good people you run the operation and really know the sites around the BVI's

http://www.divetortola.com/

Chris
    -may you have as many ascents as decents-

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I've been to the BVI 5 times and will go back. I love it. The diving is great, people are great. Just make sure you get a good dive op. Some of them aren' so hot. Try Dive BVI. They are awesome. Gucci diving. The DM/instructors are wonderful people. But Do not use Sunchaser Scuba.
    My favorite island is Virgin Gorda. It has something for everyone.
    I have pictures from the last trip posted on webshots.

community.webshots.com/user/goodknight411

and one of the local intructors pics

community.webshots.com/user/gondek

If you have any specific questions about the BVI (places to stay, what to see) just PM me.

Solo Diver

DIVES THIRDS

Dives
    500 - 999
    dear pam,
    other divers are asking similar questions.
    click here for some info.
    http://www.scubaboard.com/t70358-nee...place-new.html
    tim was asking about different spots.
    regards ,
    smokey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast