Bonaire or Curacao????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Since Ivan messed up my 25th anniversary wedding plans to go to the Cayman Islands, what do I need to know about diving in Bonaire or Carasua?

Any tips, comments, recomendations on one over the other?

As usuall, TIA.

Love the place myself. Try doing a search on this board, many of us have posted lots of hints and must do's on Bonaire over the years. Also, come join us on the Bonaire board www.bonairetalk.com

we took a windjammer for the ABC's and dove all 3 but if i had to pick an island probably Curacao. The diving was excellent on both and I thought the dolphins were going to jump in the boat in Bonaire

Desa:
Since Ivan messed up my 25th anniversary wedding plans to go to the Cayman Islands, what do I need to know about diving in Bonaire or Carasua?

Any tips, comments, recomendations on one over the other?

As usuall, TIA.

While both islands have excellent boat and shore diving, outside of diving Curacao has a lot more to do (tourist attractions, shopping, restaurants, etc) than Bonaire.

If you look at Curacao and want to do more than just boat dives look at Habitat Curacao. Like Habitat Bonaire that are many opportunities for shore dives as well as regularly scheduled boat dives. Both Habitat's offer what they call "total diving freedom" basically their are tanks available to you around the clock for shore dives on the house reef or for you to take to other shore dive locations on the islands.

Good luck with your decision.

DeputyDan:
Herman means Bonaire not Curacao!!!!!

Got that right DD, Tony and myself are headed back in Dec.

Just go ahead and rub it in.

We will get back there again - probably with you. It will just be a couple of years.

Oh yes, everyone in my family (including the spouse) has said two weeks next trip.....

Have a great time.

Bonaire is way way better in my book that Curaçao. There is good diving there and interesting wrecks but Bonaire has tremendous sea life and fantastic reefs.

-A

Hi Dasa Salt Lack City Bonaire or Sin City Curso. You Pick Papa Don

Both are nice. Bonaire is much more quiet topside than Curacao. There are some really great sites to see on Curacao topside. Under the water in my opinion the islands are equal. I have spent 6 weeks diving along the west coast of Curacao and would not hesitate to return. Great dives, rarely do you see other divers in the water. I stay away from the bigger operations, we stay at Allwest in Westpunt, for about $100 a day you truly get diving freedom, tanks, truck and a roof over your head, what more do you need? Food, well you are on your own there, but it really isn't that hard to get good food.

Bonaire is also a very nice experience. The main reason for us going to Curacao over Bonaire is the flights in and out and given our time off, we like to make the most of it. Do one this year, then other another year. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom