Off to Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snturner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I leave on Monday morning for my 9 day trip to Aruba. I can't wait since it is 9 degrees here in Kansas City. I will be diving with Divearuba.com, which is Clive. I have done a night dive with him before and thought he did a good job. My wife and I are staying at the Renaissances Marriott. I will be taking my submersible metal detector along. Have any of you lost something good while in Aruba that I can search for? I would even return it to you if it is something sentimental. I found some odd encrusted coins in Curacao. Still haven't found out what they are. I plan to do only about 10 dives. But I am sure they will be great. I will leave a trip report when I get back.

Metal detector? Hot Dog! I lost some very valuable gold coins there. If you find any...yup, there mine. :wink:

do a dive trip to the ship Antilla while there. Great wreck. But I'm afraid your metal detector will point to it as it's a 400' long ship

Send me your address so I can mail them to you. Of course it will be COD.... they weigh about 30 lbs.

It's raining here right now.... that sucks. Dive has been great though

Were we on the same trip with Clive to the Antilla and Araschi Reef on Tuesday the 18th?

Kamala:
Were we on the same trip with Clive to the Antilla and Araschi Reef on Tuesday the 18th?

Yes sir that was me. How did your vacation go? If I remember correct the Clive told me you got sick teh day after and couldn't make any more dives.

Hey guys, i am going to Aruba in 1 week, i have dove down there once before last year and it was great. Just curious... what was the water temp like? What, if any, type of exposure protection did you use? Thanks

I didn't use a wet suit. I did notice that different dive sites where colder then others. Five or six degrees colder. I only got cold once. That was at 90 feet. We passed through a thermale cline (sp?) at about 75 feet. We where in the water for about 50 minutes. Clive always wears a shortie. Almost everyone I seen had some type of wet suit. One guy was even wearing full wet suit and hood. We went by them just as they where getting in the water. Clive laughed and pointed this guy out to me as we went by.

snturner:
I didn't use a wet suit. I did notice that different dive sites where colder then others. Five or six degrees colder. I only got cold once. That was at 90 feet. We passed through a thermale cline (sp?) at about 75 feet. We where in the water for about 50 minutes. Clive always wears a shortie. Almost everyone I seen had some type of wet suit. One guy was even wearing full wet suit and hood. We went by them just as they where getting in the water. Clive laughed and pointed this guy out to me as we went by.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on bringing down my 3mm but didnt know if that was too much. After speaking with you, it probably wouldn't hurt. Thats funny some guy was in a full suit w/ hood. Ohh well, you always get one in a bunch ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom