? St Lucia Coconut Bay resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanurse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
Has anyone been to St lucia and stayed at the old Club Med? It is going to reopen in March as Coconut Bay. They have soon great prices for grand opening but I can't seem to get any info on diving this part of the island (next to airport on Atlantic side)
Does onyone know if any dive operators travel over here? Also how difficult would it be to get from here to Souffiere area. Is public transportation available or only rental car? We would love to go St Lucia but our primary objective is diving. Would we be better off spending more money and staying at Club St Lucia. We really like all inclusives. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I traveled to St Lucia in May of 2004 and stayed at the Jalousie Hilton which is near the south end of the island. Most of diving on the island is in the Marine Management Area near the Pitons (Soufriere). Not sure how much diving will be close to the location you're at. Most likely, you'll have a boat trip to the marine management area.

As far as getting up to Soufriere from the airport area, the main road was under construction while we were there. The trip was pretty rough. Not sure of the road's status now. You may want to check some of the St Lucia discussion boards.

Depending on when you're going, you might be able to find a decent rate at the Jalousie. The resort is amazing as it sits in a rainforst between the pitons. Their dock is in the marine management area and we found the dive shop to be excellent. Only drawback was that it's a bit remote. About a 20 minute cab ride to Soufriere.

There are also some other less expensive options around Soufriere that are worth checking out.

Let me know if you would like any more info.

I agree with Cazendiver. Not sure how you would get to the Marine park from the Atlantic side. Roads in St.L leave much to be desired. They are very hilly and winding.

You might want to take a look at Anse Chastanet. They are right in the marine park and near Soufriere. The Hilton is nice also. Both have good dive ops and dive deals/packages.

If you want to go to Soufriere or Castries, take the water taxi. It's a lot quicker and the scenery is nice also. I even used that method to get from the airport to the hotel and back.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom