Manta CR-2 Cave Reel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience, or actually seen, the Manta CR-2 Cave Reel?

Manta Industries - Products

"Manta" Cave Reel Reel (Photo of the CR-1 model)

I would use it most often for an SMB or towed boogie-board, and occasionally for a lift bag. I am looking for reliability in the hardware and during use, in addition to relatively compact size to carry. All opinions are welcome.

I have seen it, it is well made but i personally don't care for the handle design. For a smaller compact reel I prefer the Light Monkey 200' Primary Reel. It's a Mini version of their 400' Reel.

LM-30.100.200-3S.jpg

Light Monkey 200' Primary Reel with #24 Line and 4" SS Clip*Buy Light Monkey at DIVESEEKERS.COM 888-SCUBA-47

Does anyone have experience, or actually seen, the Manta CR-2 Cave Reel?

I would use it most often for an SMB or towed boogie-board, and occasionally for a lift bag. I am looking for reliability in the hardware and during use, in addition to relatively compact size to carry. All opinions are welcome.

I am currently looking at the Manta CR-2 reel and was interested if you had an opinion. I realize this is an old thread, but did you purchase or have an opportunity to evaluate this reel? The adjustable strap appears to be an effective solution for a low profile handle. Thanks!

I switched to all Manta Reels about two years ago after two of my Dive Rite reel spools split and fell apart. Liked em so much I became a dealer for them this year. The Manta's fill a space with the Nano 50, Nano 120, and Nano 250 that was a hole in my line. The CR1 is a cast reel and CR2 is made out of a bent aluminum frame. Just because I like the cast frame the CR1 is my Primary and I have # 36 line on it for wrecks.

I also sell the HOG line of reels and quality wise they are both up there.

I have one of them that I bought from Jim and like it. My primary reels are Light Monkey or Halcyon reels but for the dives that I don't plan on using one, this one fits perfectly in my pocket due to the soft handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom