SMB that can be inflated with Scubapro AIR 2 hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most are oral inflate or have an open bit at the bottom for inflating with the second stage via purge. The Dive Rite one will accept a QD, but from a standard inflation source, but it is meant for the ccr guys who don't always have a second stage readily accessible. Diverites might actually work since it just presses onto the inflation nipple, so it may work. There should be a dealer around that will have one you can try.

Anybody know of a safety sausage that can be inflated with a Scubapro AIR 2 low pressure hose?
Thanks so much.
Chuck

You probably don't want to do that. The connector is a larger diameter than the drysuit hose and is even harder to reconnect once you pop it off.

In any case, I've never seen one. There are some that use a standard drysuit hose, but they always made me nervous because the first time the connector jams (sand/corrosion/whatever), you're going up with the bag.

If you really need to power inflate a bag, I'd suggest a self-inflating bag (has it's own cylinder).

flots.

I am confused. If you have an Air 2, and you don't like/want to manually inflate the SMB by mouth. Then why not just use the Air 2 to inflate the SMB through the opening at the bottom?

If your current SMB does not have an opening, then get one that does.

To answer the question, no.. I have not seen one that is made to work with the Air2 QD connection.

I can tell you that when I dive wet, my drysuit inflator hose (standard QD) stays attached and just tucks under my left bp/w shoulder strap. Since it was available I have used it to inflate SMBs at depth. It works very well and does not require disconnecting and QDs underwater. That all said, I personally prefer the oral inflation method.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom