UK Light Canon reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IvanM

Registered
Reaction score
I narrowed my choice of dive light for traveling to the PrincetonTech eLED light and the UK Light Canon. The first one has better battery life and is practically unbreakable in normal situations. I like the canons power, but the only thing that worries me is going on holiday and arriving with a broken bulb, and they are not cheap.

So, how many of you who own a Light Canon have had a broken bulb, and how did it happen?

IvanM:
I narrowed my choice of dive light for traveling to the PrincetonTech eLED light and the UK Light Canon. The first one has better battery life and is practically unbreakable in normal situations. I like the canons power, but the only thing that worries me is going on holiday and arriving with a broken bulb, and they are not cheap.

So, how many of you who own a Light Canon have had a broken bulb, and how did it happen?
I have had a Light Cannon for over 2 years and still have the original bulb. This light traveled with me for almost every dive (until I got a cannister light). The bulb is well protected and even with a few times of dropping the light, it still works. Overall I think it is a pretty good light and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
I also have 2 LED lights - they are good as backups or as a long-lasting mask light but they have very little penetrating power, the LC does a good job of punching through low-visibility waters.
Bob

My wife and I have owned Light Cannons for a little over three years now. Like you I was worried about the bulb so I bought an extra one from LP to take on trips just in case, so far have not had to use it. We take them on every dive and still burning the original bulbs. I would highly recommend getting the rechargable battery pack though.

Had one for 4 yrs or there about, one of the original batch I belive and its still going same bulb and stuff, batterys last well too.

Thanks everyone....the canon it is :D

I have had mine for almost a year, still the first bulb and I have had no problems with mine at all. Considering the price for this HID, it's a good bet.

coming up on a year on mine too, has been on 3 live aboards, and never had a problem with the bulb...

Hi,

why not purchasing the new Brightstar diving light. The new version is sold with 2 handle bars and LiIon batteries. Is is available with 10W HID and 21W HID. Burn time up to 4 hours (depending on the ordered version). And the bulbs are much cheaper to replace.

Greetings, Michael

Back
Top Bottom