Attaching can light to Ladyhawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All this talk about my hubby's canister light has made me want to run out and buy one for myself. I wasn't sure were to post since it is a light question about a BC for women :D
I seemed to be thread challenged this week.

I have a SP Ladyhawk. Anybody out there have a canister light attached to theirs? We're thinking that it would only really attach to the weight belt loop on the side. It would ride snug enough not to fall off if for any strange, unlikely reason I'm compelled to release the buckle and drop my weights.
Any other ideas? I know it's not a tech BC and I should have thought of that when I bought it. But I didn't, it was too comfortable and I didn't think I'd spend the bucks for a canister light. Yeah right... you all know how that sob story goes.

Thanks again

This issue is one of the reasons I bought the can light I did. I have a Libra BC which has a webbing waist strap, and the clip on the battery of the Nite Rider HID light would slip over the strap. Of course, that also means it will come OFF the strap on a giant stride entry, or sometimes trying to get up the ladder, if the waist strap isn't tight enough.

When I investigated mounting other canister lights on a traditional BC, I was advised to mount the battery on the cambands, next to the tank. Nobody had any better ideas.

I had attached a can light to my Knighthawk when I had one. You can remove the webbing without having to cut anything from the plastic backplate. It's held into place to the plastic backplate with a plastic tri-glide. Remove the webbing, slide the can on form the backside to put the can between the plate and the weight pocket. then just re-thread the webbing and it's on there and not going anywhere. Just a suggestion, YMMV.

Matt

When I move my Halcyon cannister from my backplate to my BC, I just slip the cannister on one of the tank straps and clip the lighthead to a D ring in front when it's not on my hand. The challenge for me is that I have to mount the cannister upside down, so I can reach back to switch it on and off, and that limits the reach with the lighthead. Not a problem, unless the lighthead is on my left hand and held out toward the left.

I'm not familiar with the Ladyhawk BC, sounds like you're weight integrated and don't need a weight belt. If that's the case, you might consider wearing a webbing belt only to hold your canister, no weights.

Will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom