What kind of bulb does Diverite use for its hid lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
was also keeping my options open and stumbled upon the new diverite wreck lights they are 21w hid can lights, pretty decent and robust looking. im wondering whether it uses the brightstar bulbs or something else. any comments from previous diverite owners? thanks

Hi,

I have a Dive Rite 21W HID Wreck light. I have used it for more than year now. Did some wrecks in the Keys (Duane, Eagle, etc) and night diving in Cozumel.

PROS

1. 21W HID - Wow! Daylight at night.
2. The beam is widely adjustable - narrow to wide
3. The 9-amp NiMH battery has a long life.
4. The bulb goes on when I turn it on, stays on until I turn it off.
5. It has never flooded on me.

CONS

1. The head seems flimsy and very fragile compared to other brands
2. The thumb screw that holds the reflector in place strips easily (screw is nylon)
3. The Goodman hand mount clip doesn't fit the 21W head - you gotta custom mount it yourself
4. The screw that holds the reflector in place has actually fallen out on me - luckily I suspended the head, reflector and Goodman mount together, so I didn't lose anything. But had I attached the bolt snap to the ring at the back of the head, I would have lost the reflector into the night.

Let the buyer beware

Doc Harry:
Hi,

I have a Dive Rite 21W HID Wreck light. I have used it for more than year now. Did some wrecks in the Keys (Duane, Eagle, etc) and night diving in Cozumel.

PROS

1. 21W HID - Wow! Daylight at night.
2. The beam is widely adjustable - narrow to wide
3. The 9-amp NiMH battery has a long life.
4. The bulb goes on when I turn it on, stays on until I turn it off.
5. It has never flooded on me.

CONS

1. The head seems flimsy and very fragile compared to other brands
2. The thumb screw that holds the reflector in place strips easily (screw is nylon)
3. The Goodman hand mount clip doesn't fit the 21W head - you gotta custom mount it yourself
4. The screw that holds the reflector in place has actually fallen out on me - luckily I suspended the head, reflector and Goodman mount together, so I didn't lose anything. But had I attached the bolt snap to the ring at the back of the head, I would have lost the reflector into the night.

those seem like pretty big cons. anyway would you know whether the bulbs they use are the brightstar bulbs?

I'm away from home on business travel, will check the bulb next week when I get home.

daniel f aleman:
Salvo dude.

yeah im considering salvo. actually tested a 21w hid yesterday. unfortunately they have no servicing in the Philippines. however H and diverite do.

Spoon:
yeah im considering salvo. actually tested a 21w hid yesterday. unfortunately they have no servicing in the Philippines. however H and diverite do.

From what I've read you are much less likely to need sevicing with the Salvo.

Tavi:
From what I've read you are much less likely to need sevicing with the Salvo.

thats what i heard as well but should i need to have the unit serviced "just in case" id have to pay $60 in freight one way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom