Princeton Tec Shockwave II question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

Recently bought myself a Princeton Tec Shockwave II dive light.
http://www.princetontec.com/products/index.php?id=28&type=0&use=2

I've noticed that the princeton website and other scuba related websites note the fact that with the flip of a switch the light intensity can go from 7.5 - 15 Watts / 100 - 205 Lumens.

This is where the dilemma arises and perhaps the question reveals my idiot savant nature at times.
For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the light intensity, from what i've seen it's either on or off with no change in light intensity.
There's a rotating switch that goes off--->on---->off on mine and a switch lock that prevents accidental activation of the light.
I've tried moving the switch in every which way, forwards backwards etc. all with no noticeable change in light intensity.

As a matter of fact the documentation included with the light makes no mention of the feature, i've also noticed that the font/lettering on my light is slightly different from that on the princeton tec website.

Purchased the light on Dec 28, 2005 so i'm pretty sure that it's not last year's or a previous model??
But I am suspicious since mine seems slightly different and the manual included doesn't mention this feature.

Any thoughts all, is there something exceedingly simple that I'm missing?

Light in question
Princetontec1.jpg

princetontec2.jpg

I've got the shockwave II LED - it's got a two position switch - one for "on" (12 hour battery life) and if you turn it a little farther - one for "brighter" (6-8 hour batter life)

D.

Daylonius,

I've tried that with mine and I really don't notice any difference in the light intensity.
So you're saying all that you do is turn the switch a bit further?

you should get two distinct brightness levels as you move the switch from Off - On I - On II, if not you may have a bad bulb, or have it installed wrong.

Maybe you aren't noticing the difference because you aren't trying it in the dark.

My wife has the LED one and it definitely has 2 brightness settings by turning the switch to the first or second click.

Mine is the halogen model.. I think.

Will try it in the dark., daylonious, m_bipartitus, humu et al does your manual mention the 2 different settings for light intensity??

I've got one (halogen) has the low and high positions, works for me. I've had it for some years.

I never read the manual either. Try it in a dark closet and see if you can tell the difference in the two settings.

D.

You MIGHT have a blown filament. You've got the non-LED version - It's a two-filament bulb, maybe the "high beam" one is broken..??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom