Ekpp.o.s.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm so hacked off I can just spit.

I've been waiting for tonight's dive for weeks. I lobster dive 2 - 3 nights a week right now. Tonight was to be special - a very dark night, favorable tide, and I've been limiting out on my lobster dives the last couple of weeks - and tonight should be great.

I load up, drive to the site, gear up. Walking to the water (bugs on my mind) and I fire on the light (18W Halcyon, new BS conversion, EKPP head.) The light is kinda funky - its a big round disc on the sand....

I play with it a bit, and can't get the light saber I'm used to. I go into the surf, and we drop as I'm still futzing with it. I did 3 dives on Saturday with the light, no issues.

I can't get it to beam up. I look at it, and I see that the reflector has fallen out of the head someplace - so I have this black dish behind the bulb that is worthless. Its like high beams in the fog or snow....

I whip one of my brand new Photon Torpedos (just arrived today) - but after a minute, there's just no way I'm bug hunting with this thing. We thumb the dive.

My friggen EKPP.O.S. head. I have no idea where the reflector could be. I check everything before I go in - I'm kind of a nut about checking everything. But I'm telling you - in a million years, I would never have thought to check to see if the silver reflector fell out of my friggen light head.

Sux. I have less than 200 dives on this thing. Between the poor metal on delrin handle design (that keeps the handle just this side of wobbly all the time), the ever expanding nylon screws that get harder to turn month by month and now this reflector vanishing diver killer trick - I'm gonna punt this friggen thing.

Anyone else having issues with their EKPP, or am I just the lucky one?

Dammit I'm pissed. I want my 4 hours back tonight.

---
Ken

Hi Mo2vation,

What a bummer... Man I can't tell you how many times Murphy's law has gotten me.

I really can't wait till dive lights are more reliable... sealed LEDs with adjustable heads and reversed reflectors... I drink away your misfortune and hope the new year bring better fortune.

Happy Chinese New Year and may the year of the dog bring you back your lost items.

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom