Princeton tec rules!(lights)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MATTKINZ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was cert in 1972 and have used UK , Ikelite and dacor lights. I have purchased Princeton tecs for my diving son and daughter and myself. These have lifetime warranty and they have sent me spare parts for free. The Tec400 is like an ikelite Mini C but with better hot spot. The 8 c-cell primary is very good too.

I just purchased a Surge light and this is the best of the lot. It uses 8 AA cells with a halogen bulb that has a switch, and adjusts the hot spot like a maglight. It goes from a strong penetrating light to a modified flood and puts out almost as much light as my older 8 D-cell UK 1200. It's inexpensive too. If you are looking for a great all purpose light this is definitely worth a look..

A friend bought one and when I saw it , I knew I had to have one though all my other lights work well. :D

Regarding the size, I forgot to mention it is only the size of a 2 C-cell standard flashlight.

They sent you free spare parts before a failure?

I wrote about spare O rings and was told to see a dealer.

I do like my Shockwave LED, Tec400 and Tec40

Pete

I have had excellent customer service from Princeton Tec...

Now with regard to U W Kinetics.. Had the internal battery springs break on a UK 1200 (8 d-cells) They would not do anything for me... They advertise lifetime warranty, but I assure you they (UK) will not honor it. When they stop making the light or the parts, you are out of luck.. No offer to replace with a current model, not discount on purchase of another light NOTHING. And I talked to the president of the company personally, after numerous calls to customer service.

I will be buying Princeton Tech from now on!

The switch on my Surge broke (on the inside). No clue how it happened, but getting ready one day at the dive site it didnt work. The tiny plastic pc inside must have broken off. So I sent it back to Princton a few weeks ago.... hope they are as good as you guys say. The light is great though. I just bought a bunch of rechargeable AA's cause that light goes through them fast.

Update: Got my light back from PrincetonTec!! Good as new!! Actually cant tell if they fixed mine or just sent me a new one. Anyway, the Lifetime Warranty is a good thing!!!

I've actually had several Princeton tec lights break....

but... they do have a lifetime warranty and they replaced or fixed them for free w/o problem. I was only out the shipping charges it cost to mail the light to them.

dumpsterDiver:
I have had excellent customer service from Princeton Tec...

Now with regard to U W Kinetics.. Had the internal battery springs break on a UK 1200 (8 d-cells) They would not do anything for me... They advertise lifetime warranty, but I assure you they (UK) will not honor it. When they stop making the light or the parts, you are out of luck.. No offer to replace with a current model, not discount on purchase of another light NOTHING. And I talked to the president of the company personally, after numerous calls to customer service.

I will be buying Princeton Tech from now on!

I've had nothing but good service from UK. Don't own any Princeton Tec lights but UK sent me a brand new light after one of mine flooded a while back. YMMV

I had great service from Princeton Tec the one time I needed it.

hi everyone - this is my 1st post on thee forums and talk of the Princeton Tech brought me here.

I just got 2 PT20's today and I modified one (I like to modify flashlights it's a hobby) to power a 5 cell maglite xenon bulb running on lithium rechargable batteries. It runs for 45minutes per charge and is about 40x brighter than standard, here's a pic: umm actually I don't think I can post pics yet sorry - but cool light and cool mod for about $15

Back
Top Bottom