21 Watt 14.4 Volt hid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys im even more confused. their are two new models in the salvo website. apparently their are two 21watt 14.4 volt models one in 4.5amp and the other 9amp. with burn times of 4 and 5 hours respectively. their are two batteries each and comes with two chargers.
aside from the additional burntime i think it would be an inconvenience to charge two batteries separately. what are the advantages over the standard nimh lights?

I saw that as well.
Two versions. One has a single battery for 5 hour duration, the other comes with 2 batteries that can do 2.5 hours each.

The latter looks good as an unobtrusive unit for recreational diving.

jagfish:
I saw that as well.
Two versions. One has a single battery for 5 hour duration, the other comes with 2 batteries that can do 2.5 hours each.

The latter looks good as an unobtrusive unit for recreational diving.

do both batteries fit in the can or would they have to be replaced with the other once theyre spent? dont quite understand how this works. what would the advantages be over the 9amp battery with one long continuous burn?

Batteries fit in one at time only. Would have to be swapped out for a really long day of diving. But it's a small canister and duration might fit needs of many. Mid-day battery swap might not be such a big deal.

jagfish:
Batteries fit in one at time only. Would have to be swapped ort for a really long day of diving. But it's a small canister and duration might fit needs of many. Mid-day battery swap might not be such a big deal.

wow thats a really interesting concept i may consider it given the fact that swapping batts could be an advantage.

Maybe use one while recharging the other?

Back
Top Bottom