Any Failure Report on using UK Cannon 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have UK HID cannon 100, no problems but I had a hard time taking off the cap to replace the batteries. Now I have to replace the cap, since it has a crack on it.

Hi,

I used the light and I had a lot of problems with it. The ballast broke after abot 4 hours. After about 20 hours the ballast broke. The the light flooded and so the ballast and the bulb broke again.

Never again!!

Greetings, Michael

I've never had any problems with any UK products. I have several lights and misc items from UK.

I have heard of problems with HID lights buring out in general though. Not related to any particular product. IMHO a HID is less reliable than a LED or good ol' hologen bulb for the time being. As the product is developed further it will become more reliable. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't use any HID products though, because a HID illuminates far better than any LED or halogen bulb. If you carry backup lights with you like is taught for night and limited visibility dives then it shouldn't be that huge of a problem. :)

Hi,

just to make it clear, I do really love HID lights, I think that just the UK light is not the best solution.

Greetings, Michael

When the Light Cannon first came out I think there were more problems than now. I've had one for over a year and it has 150 or so dives on it with no problems and it's on for all of my dives.

I've read one of the thread here, people were saying that the product have some issues but I was not clear about what's the exact issue, just some people were saying that they were on sale in a cheap price. On the other hand, many others are saying that they do not have any problem. Apparently, it seems to me that there was QA problem at one time.

I have heard that UK doesn't offer any kind of warranty for this product, is that right? Or in general, they don't offer any for all of their products?

Just wondered if the next generation LED's would ever catch up with the intensity.

Mine has never worked properly. I bought it in the states and brought it home to the Philippines. It has been in the shop 3 times. Never completed a single dive on it.

I have been told unofficially that there is a problem with regards to tropical climates. When you change the batteries here in the Philippines, you have to do it at home in a very dry place. If you change it at the beach or just anywhere youu will have moisture inside and there is higher chances of something going wrong.

I am still waiting for it from the shop. Might make a good land light. I bought an LED for night dives.

Back
Top Bottom