Salvo Backup Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a backup light from Salvo Diving? For $40.00, they seem like a really good deal. I know a lot of the guys like the HIDs cannister lights from Salvo and I know they make a quality reel so I am hoping this light is similiar in quality to the rest of their gear.

You are amazing... You seem to know every products.....I am impressed. :)

i have one & like it a lot. the light it puts out is great. my only complaint is that the switch can go from 'off' to 'the middle' (haven't had it go all the way to 'on') by magic, so i know i need to check it when i'm putting my stuff away.

BabyDuck:
i have one & like it a lot. the light it puts out is great. my only complaint is that the switch can go from 'off' to 'the middle' (haven't had it go all the way to 'on') by magic, so i know i need to check it when i'm putting my stuff away.

The switch going to the middle should not be a big concern, in fact I consider it an extra precaution against accidently turning your light on. It's not uncommon for any backup lights to accidently switch on. If you are wearing it with a harness and have tube loops holding the light down it's possible your body movement in the water, or when you take the gear off, it is hitting the switch. Still, no need to worry, the light can't come on until you push it over the "on" bump.

The xenon bulb gives off a good light and I like that you can make minor adustments to the focus.

Back
Top Bottom