Salvo light failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainman_02

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Now that I've got your attention...

I was diving a few weekends ago with my new Salvo 10W light. On the first two dives, it worked great. On the third dive, it died. I brought it home, made sure it wasn't flooded, charged the battery, and tried to turn it on again.

No strike.

So I emailed Barry. This is where the story gets good.

I wanted to dive with the light the next weekend. I emailed Barry late on a Monday night. Barry wrote back quickly. He stated that he thought the ballast had failed and if he could confirm what light I ordered he'd have a new lid/cord/ballast/light shipped out to me so I could dive with the light and then I could return the bad parts at my leisure.

Lo and behold, a package arrived that Friday with the replacement parts. I put everything together and tested the light in my sink...it was back to working flawlessly. I took it on four hour long dives that weekend without charging. The light performed and looked good doing it.

I just wanted everyone on here to know how I had a wonderful sales AND support experience with Barry's company. I will definitely be recommending him and his product to anyone who asks me what I think about my Salvo primary light. I'll also be buying the 21W upgrade for my light so I can have either a 10W or 21W primary.

lol good ending

thanks for sharing

My 21W remote ballast light came today -- Salvo shipped it the DAY I ordered it; it sat in Redmond (about five miles from my house) for TWO DAYS before UPS delivered it. I get to dive it on Sunday -- yipppeee!

I'll chime in that Barry is awesome. He recycled my Terkel canister and put on a 21W head. It has worked flawlessly. I'll keep buying his lights and his products at this rate.

TSandM:
My 21W remote ballast light came today

Did you get a Li-Ion or one of the new "14.4V" NiMH?

I got the 14.4v NIMH, and I get to dive it for the first time TODAY!

TSandM:
I got the 14.4v NIMH, and I get to dive it for the first time TODAY!

Cool.

Ok, stupid question time... What's the difference between a "14.4V" and a "regular" NiMH - are the packs split up or something?

Vie:
Cool.

Ok, stupid question time... What's the difference between a "14.4V" and a "regular" NiMH - are the packs split up or something?

i ordered the 4.8 li-ion cant wait it arrives friday. anyway the 14.4 volt has two variamnts: one is with two 4.5 amp batteries that are split up and one is with one 9amp battery. they give longer burn time than the regular nimh because of the V or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom