backuplight failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys i have this frogman led backup light. i have been using it for months without any problems. it is rated to 220 feet. been using it on numerous dives and have turned it off/on more than i can count and the light always worked fine without any hitches.

prior to the dive today i tested the light and it worked fine. i then descend to 150ft which is the bottom part of a cave we were going to explore. the light failed to turn on. i tried many times and even tried tapping the head to get the contacts working or something, it did not work. as we were beginning our ascent i tried it again at 70 ft and it worked, tried turning it on and off and it was fine.

question is, did the light fail bec i decided to pen it that DEEP and the pressure or something played havoc on the contacts? had i opened it at 70ft would it ahve worked had i gone to 150? thanks

C

One of the guys in our dive club is German and brought back a boatload of those Lenser froggies awhile back... so far everyone's been happy with them. I think some of them even took them out to Truk over chinese new year. Don't recall anyone mentioning problems with the frogman at depth (40-50m) but I'll ask.

pakman:
One of the guys in our dive club is German and brought back a boatload of those Lenser froggies awhile back... so far everyone's been happy with them. I think some of them even took them out to Truk over chinese new year. Don't recall anyone mentioning problems with the frogman at depth (40-50m) but I'll ask.

id appreciate it:) anyway i never had any problems with my froggies. in fact it served me well in our nightdive in anilao. light output is awesome im just curious whether it was a glitch or whether it may happen again should i take it down to that depth . light clearly says its rated to 7 bar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom