flooded uk led

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i was out yesterday and flooded my led,as soon as i finished the dive everything was rinsed in fresh water and i gave the circuit board a shot of wd-40.i dried everything out ,but still didnt work anybody have any ideas?...keith

yabbadabbadoo:
i was out yesterday and flooded my led,as soon as i finished the dive everything was rinsed in fresh water and i gave the circuit board a shot of wd-40.i dried everything out ,but still didnt work anybody have any ideas?...keith

You can return it to UK and they will replace it free of charge. Their customer service is top notch.

Phil Ellis

im not the original owner,i contacted uk they want $100 for a new module,any other suggestions?

i originally posted this thread in diy but didnt get any answers.hopefully ill get help here.anyway i was out last fri. and realized my light flooded,too late of course,so after the dive i rinsed everything in fresh water and dried it out.tried it again and still didnt work.uk wants $100 cad for a new module because im not the original owner.is there anyway to repair the old one?

yabbadabbadoo:
im not the original owner,i contacted uk they want $100 for a new module,any other suggestions?

Don't bother. You can buy a whole new C8 eLED from Scuba Toys for $75 or just the module for $55.

I did the same thing, and to boot I had a battery pack that leaked acid all over everything. If you've rinsed and dried, that's about the best you can do. I sent my cell phone thru the washer and did the open and dry thing and it worked after a couple days. But no luck with the UK. I wasn't aware that UK would do a replacement for user caused damage.

How do they know you're not the original owner? They've never asked me any questions when i needed to send lights back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom