DiveRite 24 Watt HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased the DR 10 watt C-H10 Head w/Slimline Can, today. I was toying with the idea of buying the Halcyon, I already dive with their BC and back up lights and I think there great, but I just couldn't get my mind around the $900.+ price tag. I also spent time reading posts here regarding canister lights and DR seems to be well built, they have a very good reputation and great customer service. Incidentally, when I ordered the light I paid for expedited shipping, I live in Florida and DR Exp. is in Florida, they E mailed me explaining that it was unnecessary to pay the higher shipping rate as it would get to me just as fast if it was shipped ground and they deducted the additional shipping cost I paid. Nice. So I'm looking forward to getting it wet this weekend.

Nuff Said.

The DR Express web site is featuring a flashlight style 10 wt HID. I don't think I'm hijacking the thread by asking if anyone has an opinion about this second new DR HID.

Is this a serious alternative to a canister? It has an advertised burn time of up to 2 or 3 hours with the right choice of batteries. 500 lumens or so they say.

Jim

I ordered this light and should have it by Friday. I will post my thoughts once I dive with it.

LAJim:
The DR Express web site is featuring a flashlight style 10 wt HID.

Jim

I was looking at this also, and would be interested in comments/opinions from anyone that's used it. Does not seem like a bad HID deal for less than $400.

Poog

very interesting post. Im thinking of getting a DR 10w myself very soon.looking foward to the reviews!!

by they way , Dive Rite Express has exeptional customer service. Ive bought my backplate and wings from them .
I live about 2hrs drive from them but decided to order by mail and it arrived the next day.

i am very interested in this dive light.

it produces more lumens than the UK Kinetics.

It produces less lumens than a Salvo 21w though...

Looks fine. The reflector design doesn't look quite as good as, say, a Salvo. I'd be interested to see them side by side underwater.

Anyone with the Salvo want to go to Dutch Springs and take a look at the difference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom