Does someone make a rechargeable light that fits in BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Have used the Ikelite PC light for years now and have always had trouble with the switch. I like a light that will fit in the BC pocket. Think I would like to go LED this time...What is the best and brightest out there?....Opinions? Would like one that is rechargeable but can buy rechargeable batteries if necessary..Thanks.

CompuDude:
Buy rechargable batteries and you can make any flashlight rechargeable.

Edited now that I had a nap.

Kinda depends on how big your BC pocket is. What size lite were you looking for, in terms of 4 AAs, 4 Cs, 8 Ds, etc.?

CompuDude:
Kinda depends on how big your BC pocket is. What size lite were you looking for, in terms of 4 AAs, 4 Cs, 8 Ds, etc.?

Will fit in a Brigade....I have a 4C Ikelite now which I have used on many night dives and is plenty bright for me so it depends. As long as it would fit and be an LCD?

anyone?

Actually, the link you posted in another thread looks pretty good. I was going to suggest the Pelican recoil line, because they have a switch, they're LED, they make good lights, they should fit in a bc pocket, and overall, they're supposed to be pretty good. That new rechargeable one is news to me, but I like what I see.

The only other thing I would recommend is check www.scubadiving.com for their recent review of dive lights. I'd give a better link, but I can't seem to bring up their site right now. Anyway, if I recall the layout, click Gear, and then Accessories, and should be able to see the article.

My favorite is the 6AA cell PCa light by Ikelite. Very small package, but very bright with 7.5Watts of high efficiency halogen. The tradeoff is battery life of only about 2 hours.

I recommend that you check it out before committing to an LED light.

Pelican lights make a few dive lights that are rechargable and small enough for a BC pocket. I can get all of them in that you would need. Pelican's warranty is second to none. You break it they give you a new one or fix it, even if its your fault its broke. Generally no questions asked.

Brent

stangscuba98a:
Have used the Ikelite PC light for years now and have always had trouble with the switch. I like a light that will fit in the BC pocket. Think I would like to go LED this time...What is the best and brightest out there?....Opinions? Would like one that is rechargeable but can buy rechargeable batteries if necessary..Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom