Salvo 21w for pics and video question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
This weekend I borrowed a friend's Salvo 21w (remote head) for some dives. The tight beam was great but the pulled back setting still ran some of the local fauna off. I'd like to be able to use this light for pictures and video and while I don't (intentionally) plan on nailing fish with the lightsaber for pictures, using the wider setting would be useful.

Is there a more appropriate reflector for video? Is there any way to get rid of the darker area in the middle of the illumination?

Can you buy a diffuser for the light?

You could try this

Dom

There is a video reflector for that light that subsantially widens the beam. I don't have it on my website yet but will add it soon. MSRP on it is $100. Let me know what you think. Also if you are looking to buy a new light I can probably work out some sort of package on the light and the video reflector. You could also go with a 10 watt if you want less light.

I also have a used niterider (not on page either) that is substiantially less light than the HID but is still a good solid light.

Call me at the number on my page if you want and we can talk about this and I will see what I can do to help. If you are local we can get the video reflector in the water to try out.

Brent
www.hidawayscuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom