LED head lamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tacticaltj

Reaction score
I'm looking for a dedicated LED headlamp for Bug Diving. Does anyone have any experience with a decent one?

M

A commonly mentioned drawback to a headlight, is they tend to blind your buddy when you look a them. I used a Princeton Tec "Matrix" on my most recent night dive. PT no longer says it's rated for SCUBA, but when I bought it, it was rated for 500'. (It leaked on my dive to 50' after about 45 minutes... they've replaced it promptly for free.) I had the light tilted down, so it lit my gauges, but nothing at distance. I found it a very handy addition.

The Matrix is a small, low priced light. It uses 3 of the small white LEDs (70 hours on a pair of batteries), or a Halogen bulb that eats batteries in a hurry.

If you're hunting alone, the nightrider light may be a good choice. For diving with a buddy, I think a canister light on a goodman handle is a much better choice for "hands free" light mounting.

I can see what you mean-blinding your buddy. What about a small LED (basically a back-up size light) that straps under either wrist? Anyone tried this?

Just thinkin outloud here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom