Pelican Mitylite (flooded)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We picked up a Pelican Mitylite each for backups as we were doing our first night dives this past Friday night. One of them flooded during the dive and the other was moist inside. Anyone elswe have this happen with these? O ring seems fine. Only backed off the one round or less as suggested. They do have the moneyback or replacement but was wondering if we need to change brands.

Anyone have experience with these lights?

Thanks,

Pelican makes great lights. All brands of the screw on heads have floods, I generally turn the light just past where it turns on the be sure it doesn't flood. I have still had one flood though but it was due to loaning it to a newer diver.

Brent

Yea, I had heard or read good reviews about Pelican so it did suprise me when I found it flooded the next morning. I thought I was very careful about keeping it sealed. In fact one of the lights was on after we got to the bottom. So I turned it gently till it went out. About 1/2 turn more.

Called the LDS where we purchased and they said bring em back. No problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom