what light to get??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jibjab

Contributor
Reaction score
these are my choices as i'm ordering a bunch of stuff from here already:

https://www.divetank.com/gear/listproducts.php?categoryid=38

UK C8 eLED looks nice at $89 but the D8 at $50 looks like a much better value.. am i missing something? why is the D8 so cheap? is the LED worth spending that much more? is a pistol grip better than the D8 grip? is there something else on this page that i should be looking at? i don't want to spend more than $100 but frankly $50 is more my style :)

D8 is a big light but has a wide beam...for $50 its a deal. The C8 LED is not as big a bit brighter and last longer on battery life. Is it worth the extra $39....you decide. I have both. I use the one with the most battery left to be quite honest. That goes for all of my lights.... I have two light canons but rarely use them because they eat the battery juice up so fast and they are so fragile. Already replaced one $100 dollar bulb, and thats cost......

You can do more task loading with a lantern grip....that would be my choice on grips

I dive with a UK C4 eled and love it. I have had other lights and this led light is not as bright under water but the battery life is great and the size is very managable.

Lake Mead Tony:
I dive with a UK C4 eled and love it. I have had other lights and this led light is not as bright under water but the battery life is great and the size is very managable.

ive been doing some reading and it really seems like led is the way to go, im now trying to decide whether to get the c4 eled or c8 eled, the price difference is only $10. i like the fact that the c4 is smaller and likely much lighter, its got plenty of burn time BUT it appears the c8 is much brighter than the c4 except when on its 'half' setting and dims as the batteries drain. so now i'm trying to decide whether the smaller/lighter size is worth the trade off in brightness and dimming. anyone try both? this would be used as a primary light for recreational night diving.

I use a small LED for a primary, I don't believe in lighting up the entire reef. It is a night dive and you will see more creatures with less light. I use a Pelican Recoil rechargeable...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4462026775&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Rechargeable and plenty of light for a night dive, plus a lifetime warranty. Edited... I use it in clear warm water only.

jibjab:
i will be doing most of my diving in ontario and british columbia

Nevermind. I was making my post for clear warm water.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom