LED with switch ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RUFUST

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone make a good LED handheld with an on/off switch rather than turning the bezel.I am tired of the twist on lights turning on or flooding at depth.

RUFUST:
Does anyone make a good LED handheld with an on/off switch rather than turning the bezel.I am tired of the twist on lights turning on or flooding at depth.

What kind of diving do you do and where mostly? I have this one..http://www.opticsplanet.net/pelican-stealthlite-rechargeable-2460-recoil-led-flashlight.html

Rechargeable and long burn with a switch. Really good as a primary light for caribbean diving like I do. Does not light up the reef like the sun and the fish don't hide from it yet is bright enough for a great dive! Plus it has a LIFETIME warranty!!

RUFUST:

Which light are you currently using that's flooding (I'm assuming a Scout if it's turning on at depth by itself- I've heard this about them)? You may want to look at a twist-bezel model with double o-rings like the Photon Torpedo LED.From what I hear, much more reliable seal than the single o-ring lights like the Scout. It also turns on by twisting it in the "tighter" direction, rather than loosening the bezel to turn it on. I've only taken my PT LED in the water a few times, but it's an awesome light- much brighter than the LED Scout. There are several discussions about the PT LED over at TDS.

The switch is another potential leak point so you'd potentially be trading one set of problems for another.

Don't know what type of light you are looking for, but Pelican lights have switches. I got a small Pelican partly for the same reason as you.

My Pelican LED Recoil requires me to turn the light head to turn it on and off. Doesn't turn on by itself, but I do worry sometimes about it flooding.

We just got an LED light from Nocturnal Lights....REALLY nice light...haven't seen this high of quality in anything at our LDS. Switch with a lock for on/off.

DiveMaven:
My Pelican LED Recoil requires me to turn the light head to turn it on and off. Doesn't turn on by itself, but I do worry sometimes about it flooding.

We just got an LED light from Nocturnal Lights....REALLY nice light...haven't seen this high of quality in anything at our LDS. Switch with a lock for on/off.

Just a switch on mine..:D .Pelican 2460 StealthLite Rechargeable Recoil LED Submersible

RUFUST:

I know your are looking for a switch, but our Diamond is triple o-ring sealed, it takes 15 complete turns to remove it or flood. It is a single 3 watt LED. visit www.mantaindustries.com for more details.

Thanks - Greg

stangscuba98a:
Just a switch on mine..:D .Pelican 2460 StealthLite Rechargeable Recoil LED Submersible

Go ahead, rub it in! :coffee:

Mine's not a rechargeable, so maybe that's the difference. Either that or mine's older and they improved it? Either way, I wish mine had a switch too.

The UK C4 & C8 eLED lights have switches (if you already have an incan version you can just get the eLED module). They use the same 5W Luxeon module. The C8 version is brighter on the "high" setting and has more run time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom