Intova 3W LED Dive Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have any experience with one? ... :: INTOVA ::

I tried one at my LDS and it looks like it's very bright with a narrow beam, and ... I can get it for less than $44
.. thinking that it would make a decent backup if it has a good burn time (2 x CR123 batt's)

I have one, have used it a couple of times on night dives, and like it a lot. It is very bright. In the clear water of Grand Cayman, I can use it as my primary flashlight.

That looks like a really nice platform for a home-brew LED upgrade. If you can get one for $44, add some $20-30 for a Cree or Seoul LED and controller board, you'd end up with a *very* nice dive light for the $$. Depending on the board it might even be possible to add multiple light levels. Hmmm.

Found it online at Circuit City for $39.99

Buy the Intova Torch Waterproof Aluminum Flashlight and other Lamps & flashlights at circuitcity.com

Thanks for the idea. Of course I might end up frying everything in the attempt :)

Henrik

Don, I believe that Puff has that light and is totally in love with it. Send him a note! :10:

Actually, he has the scubapro nova ... Scubapro Nova Light in Underwater Lights,Non-rechargeable torches from Simply Scuba
I got to use it on the Dry Torga's trip, bright even though it was daytime, was usefull for peering into that sunk freighter ... that's what gave me the idea that this one would be very usefull for the price
Thanks sweetie :10:

Thanks for the ideas/leverage Henrik, I'll use that price to haggle with my LDS .. I think the light is "out of box"

I have the Intova and the Subapro Nova. The clear winner is the Intova. It looks and feels a lot more rugged. It is a bit brighter.

On the downside, the Intova has a sliding On/Off switch, which I don't like - too easy for it to slide on accidentally. The Nova has a twist On/Off mechanism, like a Halcyon Scout.

I have the Intova and the Subapro Nova. The clear winner is the Intova. It looks and feels a lot more rugged. It is a bit brighter.

On the downside, the Intova has a sliding On/Off switch, which I don't like - too easy for it to slide on accidentally. The Nova has a twist On/Off mechanism, like a Halcyon Scout.
:huh:
the Scubapro Nova has a pushbutton switch on the butt end

I just got word from Intova that the burn time has been averaging 12 hours and will be rated at 10 hours

Back
Top Bottom