my Valentine Day pressie-a new light...now what??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hubby and i usually dont make a deal about valentines day (not since i packed pink home made bread sambos and love fortune cookies into his lunch many years ago) but i got home tonight and after driving me nuts hubby gives me a pressie!

its a DiveRite LED 500 (its got a can light thingy attached to the cord and ive been told its an aussie only release and i cant find it on diverite express yet)
DR1.jpg

now, never dived with a light like this before... im curious how exactly am i suppose to wear it on my hand??

so here are my 2 choices;
DR4.jpg

DR2.jpg

undived both seem comfy right so whats the prefered way??

cheers

WOW!! A lite for life from the light of your life!!

First photo is the prefered way, more control!!

2nd photo seems like it'd give you both control without the risk of flailing the light around, as well as mostly full use of your left hand. No personal experience though.

Henrik

Its called a Goodmans Handle - clues in the name!!

Its called a Goodmans Handle - clues in the name!!

There may be a bit of confusion as to the numbering of the pictures :wink: of the *three* pictures in the OP, my recommendation was for #2. :)

Henrik

Oh how exciting Mrs. A!!! You will love it!! That is a great pressie!!!

You get used to having the light on your hand like that and you don't even notice the cannister at all! Congrats!!!!

:D hubby says 10watt

its very bright :multi:

It is 500 Lumens but I do not know what that relates to watts.

There are 3 LEDs (Luxeon Stars) Usually they are about 15 Watts each.

All up that is 45 Watts of Light Output not in power consumption, if that makes sense.

A fully charged battery can last 30 hours...... :lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom