Cold Fusion LED Light or GreenForce-TriStar Led - FlexII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the market for and LED canister light and have zeroed in on the Deep Outdoors Cold Fusion LED Light and the GreenForce-TriStar Led - FlexII. The reason I zeroed in on these two is because they are modular in design, and compact. Going with LED because of added burn time and ruggedness. Also these two are comparable in price. Any ideas on which way to go, it will be used for northeast wreck divng with lite penetration if any. Any other suggestions would be welcome also. Thanks.

The Green Force is the light of choice for several of us on Vancouver Island. We've had them ranging from 1yr to 4yr. Only problem being broken wires (2) in the umbilical which can be easily repaired. We all dive caves and wrecks so they can take a beating. Hope that helps.

Steve

If you are searching a modular high power LED-system, look here: mb-sub.com: LED - LIGHT SYSTEM

From the first stage of extension you can find a big review here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/241773-mb-sub-led-cave-photon-hand-held-test.html

From the second stage with the new TWINLED-head we await a new test in some weeks.
BTW, with an adapter cable you can change each PHOTON / PHOTON2 torche in a high compact canister system.
All you can find at: www.golemgear.com

Michael

I'll second the Green Force. I have the TriStar/FII set up as well. Although I haven't yet dove with it, I can tell you that it is well built and very modular. Take a look on tdl.divebiz.net, that's where I bought mine

Thanks for the input guys but I wound up going with the Salvo 21 Watt LED. Not modular, but relatively compact, rugged, bright narrow beam. I got it for $1279, plus 2 free Rat Jr. backup lights, and free shipping from Northeastern Scuba Supply.

You should check out the LED lights from Titan Dive Gear. I bought a 25W canister style light with a 80W battery from addheliumstore.com. Cam in just over a grand. The battery is so small. It's like 7 inches by 2 inches in diameter. It cam e with a soft goodman handle, and I thought I wouldn't like it, but it is really comfortable and doesn't wander around. Awesome light. 2 settings 10W and 25W. I was so sick of replacing bulbs and not being able to turn the light on and off whenever I want with my other light.

Also, addheliumstore advertises the burn times in error. I called the manufacturer and they said that the correct burn times are on their website titandivegear.com. Also the actual pictures. The store had pics of older ligts.

Thanks for the input guys but I wound up going with the Salvo 21 Watt LED. Not modular, but relatively compact, rugged, bright narrow beam. I got it for $1279, plus 2 free Rat Jr. backup lights, and free shipping from Northeastern Scuba Supply.

I've heard a lot of good things about Salvo. I had actually thought about getting their 9Ah/21w HID. I still might (eventually) because they have a few refurbished ones for about $900

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom