Reviews on Dive Rite 1000 Lumen HID can light for $790?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can try out our SLX 800t. Here's more information on it:

Dive Lights

Feel free to ask any us any questions.

Looking to buy a cannister light for midwest diving hopefully leading to wreck penetration. Does anyone have any reviews of this light? I understand a good light is a very important piece of equipment. Anything better on the market sub $1000?

The light I'm speaking of is here:

1000 Lumen HID Light System by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

I bought this light back in April and LOVE IT!! Though I'm sorry to say I did get it on sale directly from DR for $599 :D. It is a nice light weight can that you won't even notice on your belt, with a very bright focusable beam. My only issue so far is the fact that you definitely have to cycle the battery a good 8-10 times in order to start achieving the 2+ hr burn time. This fact is noted on the info sent with the light so it's not to be unexpected. With the recommendation of many, I just cut off the top few inches of a beer coozie and used the remaining bottom piece as a protective cover for the light head when not in use. Use some cave line or bungie to tie onto the goodman handle and create an open loop so you can use a double ender to clip onto a d-ring for stowage (keeps the head from dropping and busting your brand new bulb!). All in all it's a great light!

Never had a DR, but I have owned Salvo and Sartek and they are both great lights with good customer support. If you aren't opposed to buying used and you keep your eyes open, you will find great deals on here for lights. I don't know if it is still avalilable, but "rongoodman" has/had a Salvo 12W LED for roughly 500, and I have seen Salvo 21Ws for under $1K as well. If you search on these, you won't find any bad words about Salvo and their customer service. Sartek is not quite as well known of a company, but they make great lights. I have a 21/13 and 10W HID from them using wetmounts so I can swap the head with the batter and it is a great light. Got both lamps and battery pack for under $700 here on the board by buying used. You will see mixed reviews about their customer service, but I have been happy with them as well.

Just a couple of thoughts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom