New benchmark for LED lights: VB-50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And here the beam shots of the variable beam in both end positions.
First the hard beam with 8° and second the smooth beam with 36°

Michael

Attachments

• beam-shots.jpg
    beam-shots.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 300
Very nice beam shots. Thanks. Interesting how the narrow beam essentially is a snap-shot of the LED footprint.

Henrik

Very nice beam shots. Thanks. Interesting how the narrow beam essentially is a snap-shot of the LED footprint.

Henrik

I think that's one of the telltale signs that it uses optics rather than a reflector for focusing. All throw and no spill is great for communication, I'd love to see it in person.

I think that's one of the telltale signs that it uses optics rather than a reflector for focusing.

Yeah, I figured as much - I've kept an eye on Packhorse's light mod threads :) . I don't think moving the LED itself within the reflector would work very well.

Henrik

And here the beam shots of the variable beam in both end positions.
First the hard beam with 8° and second the smooth beam with 36°

Michael
Distance to wall ?

EDIT: 200cm = about 6.5ft ... top one about 9.5"x9.5", bottom one about 4ft diameter

Thanks for keeping us informed Michael

Looks very nice. Hope I will receive it this year!

.....yeah, Im saving up for some mbsub lights I'll buy early 2010......good work, Michael! :D

Back
Top Bottom