Clipping off lights without clips...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I do a lot of side mount diving and my chest D-Rings often become congested with lot's of the same small SS clips. I even found myself unclipping the wrong thing when I went to pass a light off to a buddy.

So I cut two 13" lengths of 1/8" bungee.
I re-drilled the hole on my Intova back up lights with an 1/8" drill and then chamferred them a bit.
I then threaded the bungee through the hold and tied it in a circle with two grape knots. Now I simply pull the bungee through my D-Ring and over the top of the light. One less clip to worry about!

I would think if you have a number of these there would be a risk of them getting tangled up. If you get a number of cords or bungees hanging they're bound to twist on each other and even form knots.

Adam

One on each D-Ring. Not too much clutter.

My preference is to run an 1/8" piece of bungee through either the end of tri-glide securing the D-ring (at the outer edge of the nylon strap) or along the center of tri-glide under the strap with a loop on the outer edge and a pair of knots on the other side of the strap.

In either case you can then clip the boltsnap for the light to the small bungee loop that results. The loop alos helps the D-ring stand up slightly off the strap and makes it easier to connect other bolt snaps to. More importantly, it keeps the bolt snap for the light off the D-ring, so you won't confuse it with something else, yet it is still easy to access with no danglies and no snag potential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom