MJ850 - cheap. Too good to be true?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maurice

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

In my search for a good divelamp for around $350 I found a much cheaper lamp using similar leds the expensive ones do...

the mj850 at 1200lm

The cheaper models look complete and seem to be built to standards, but would I trust these on my liveaboard...?

TIA

Maurice

ok... Bought me one of these.

Ugly lights, as they seem to be known as well. Dirt cheap, lots of light. I got it yesterday evening and will be testing it out in the pool today.

Biggest worry: stories about drowning.
Biggest plus: (excluding the price) SST-50, white light... in standard torch design

I will post reviews tomorrow.

First impression:
Looks good.
Gives lots of light.
not the best thread at bottom cap

Maurice

Well?

That light has also caught my eye and I am curious about it. There is thread about a similar light (novae) in the for sale section that got me looking at them.

Thanks,

My personal review on this MJ 850 lamp can be found here... with links to people who actually already used it for diving.

Thanks.

What are the instabilities that you are talking about?

Thanks.

What are the instabilities that you are talking about?

Instability in Egypt... not in the lamp :D

Actually, more instability in the travel branche and restarting of flights instead of instability of Egypt...

Thanks,

My personal review on this MJ 850 lamp can be found here... with links to people who actually already used it for diving.

Anyone?!
Does someone actually have some diving experience with this lamp? Can you share?

Make several dive at 60m, i'm really happy with that flashlight, reliable, looks solid to me, far better construction than the P7 from dealextreme. Already bought a second one for my wife

Thanks Huexley!

That at least gives me some convidence. I'll be leaving for Egypt in 2 weeks. I'll do some endurance testing then. I am not intending to go to 60m, though.

Hoping for more replies on this. My own blog contains even more details. Any comments on that blog are much appreciated as well.

Cheers,

Maurice

Back
Top Bottom