Light of Tomorrow ?! Lets design it ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiveGear

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Question is simple or not ... how should look and perform the dive light of tomorrow ?
Light For Me is constantly working on improving and designing new lights, with today's technology we have a lot of different options, which way to go ?

There is only one way to know, we would appreciate your voice in this matter.
Help us design the perfect LED light.

So ...

powerful or not so much ?

big or small ?

what burn time and battery type ?

switch in the can or on the light head ?

E/O connectors with exchangeable heads ?

focusable or fixed ?

light color ?

And everything else which you think might be useful.
Good ideas we will put to work and tests so you can enjoy them later.

I attached few photos of some models that we already have that might bring some thoughts.
Thanks in advance for all voices and comments,
TecDiveGear.com

Attachments

• 7XRE_0005.jpg
    7XRE_0005.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 7XRE_0006.jpg
    7XRE_0006.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 77
  • wr copy.jpg
    wr copy.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 4 TEC.jpg
    4 TEC.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 4TEC pool.jpg
    4TEC pool.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 7XRE_0004.jpg
    7XRE_0004.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 76
For me to switch to an LED light, it would have to match the beam of a 21W HID in intensity and focus. I need at least a five hour burn time on full power. E/O connectors are handy to allow the use of the battery for other accessories, but they do corrode and require replacement, so for my primary light, I'll eschew them.

Although switches are failure points, I'd prefer a switch on the canister to having to twist the light head, as cold and clumsy hands are part of our lives in Puget Sound.

I'm torn between a fully sealed, externally recharged unit (minimizing leak points) and a user-replaceable rechargeable battery (as batteries inevitably die over time).

I basically really like the lights I have, despite the disadvantages of HID technology, so it's going to take a pretty cool LED light to make me want to change.

For a primary light I light a small form factor with a pistol grip. Li-ion rechargeable batteries (something like two 18650's), newest most efficient LED, adjustable beam angle and some control over the intensity.

Adam

The issue your distribution company need to work on is the spec sheet of your lights...7 XR-E's can't produce over 3000 lumens unless you are driving each one at an output of 428 lumens. Are you actually claiming to be driving a XR-E to output 428 lumens?

The lights look fine. The specs claimed do not look fine.

The issue your distribution company need to work on is the spec sheet of your lights...7 XR-E's can't produce over 3000 lumens unless you are driving each one at an output of 428 lumens. Are you actually claiming to be driving a XR-E to output 428 lumens?

The lights look fine. The specs claimed do not look fine.

Thanks for your personal opinion but as you have noticed its not the topic of this discussion so save it and if you have something to say in a matter that we're working on here you're welcome.

Regards

If we can't count on an honest spec sheet then what good is it to plan the light of the future?

The problem is you are selling lights without understanding lights. If you don't understand them how can you develop new lights? You can't. But you're the distributor do it doesn't matter since you're not making them in the first place.

For a company that's been in business for less than a year you're not off to a good start. I didn't state anything that has to do with an opinion. I asked how could you drive that specific led to that level. The answer is that you can't.

You claim 3000 lumens and the manufacturer "Light For Me" only claims 2200 lumens .
7XRE 5h TEC

You've been in business for less than 6 months. You're not off to a good start.

Last edited:
I got one of 3XPG its the best light I've ever used, will be cool to have some hand strap to it, either something like goodman handle or elastic velcro glove ?! Light is really small and lightweight so ...

Thanks for your personal opinion but as you have noticed its not the topic of this discussion so save it and if you have something to say in a matter that we're working on here you're welcome.

Regards

Wow! I cannot believe your response. You're not going to get my business.

What exactly did you mean by saying this "And everything else which you think might be useful." in your original post #1?

In your post # 5 you say "if you have something to say in a matter that we're working on here you're welcome". It isn't good to note that honesty is specs is not something you are "working on". If your specs are as stated, you should be able to at least say so without silencing your questioners. And in a public forum, at that!

Back
Top Bottom