opinions on this canister light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all!

One day soon I want to buy a canister light, preferably one that would suit GUE fundies.

This chap looks like he makes his own for $339:

CUSTOM LIGHT - Dive Time Idaho, Scuba Diving, Twin Falls Idaho, Scuba Class, Scuba Instruction, Scuba tank fills Air & Nitrox
SCUBA DIVING CANISTER LIGHT LED 1200 LUMENS CUSTOM NEW | eBay

Any opinions?

1200 lumens, only one mode, 3hrs burn time, 6 degrees.

What's the deal with the disposable batteries, though?

I'm not up to speed on DIR canister lights. Would this qualify?

Thanks!

Not if connected by line...

Well then it would not be metal to metal.

Personally I would wait for something from dive rite or green force to go on sale in the classifieds forum. You could get either for the close to the same price as that light. I have has both and a Halcyon light and all are nice.

Ok. Thanks! I appreciate the opinions, all.

If anyone has a dir-friendly canister light for around that price point, I'd love to hear about it. Second hand is fine by me if it's been properly looked after. I might make a want to buy post if there's a forum for that somewhere.

There is. Just put it is the classifieds and put WTB in the title.

Thanks, Lucca! That's a great review of this light. My interest was also the result of late night shopping :)

One of our students bought one of these lights, and used it for a while. As stated, the metal-to-metal connection has to go for a GUE-compliant light. The student has since bought a Light Monkey 21W light. I'm not sure what drove that decision, but he made it.

We have a local light maker who makes a similar LED canister light, but I believe he uses an NiMH rechargeable battery. His price point is around $400, and he has quite a happy local following. I have dived with someone who has one of his lights, and the output was impressive.

One of our students bought one of these lights, and used it for a while. As stated, the metal-to-metal connection has to go for a GUE-compliant light. The student has since bought a Light Monkey 21W light. I'm not sure what drove that decision, but he made it.

We have a local light maker who makes a similar LED canister light, but I believe he uses an NiMH rechargeable battery. His price point is around $400, and he has quite a happy local following. I have dived with someone who has one of his lights, and the output was impressive.

what is the POC's contact info/web site? Like to see his product.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom