Converting UK SL4 halogen to LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen Dancheck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw a very old classified listing from 2009 where someone was selling a module on ebay to convert the light to LED. The ebay link is no longer active. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase it? I have 2 Underwater Kinetics SL4 lights that I would like to convert.

Thanks
Karen

I know the guy who does it, I'll either get you his link or direct him over here.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 10:28 AM ----------

I have one of his led conversions on my SL6 and call it my underwater laser!

Ya JJ's the guy. Poptarts and gravy, comfort food yummmmm.

As far as I know once converted it will produce about 200 lumen or so. I have a Photon Torpedo with an upgraded LED over the stock one. They use the same module is the reason I bring it up. As you know it just screws on and off. With that said you might be better off with a brand new light, that produces more like a 1000 lumens.

You can buy the modules sometimes from Ebay and they are listed for the Halcyon lights. I just checked and didn't see any.

I saw a very old classified listing from 2009 where someone was selling a module on ebay to convert the light to LED. The ebay link is no longer active. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase it? I have 2 Underwater Kinetics SL4 lights that I would like to convert.

Thanks
Karen

If you are in a DIY mood...

Use one of these:

UltraFire XPG R5 450-Lumen Smooth Aluminum Drop-in Module - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Instructions here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/271553-converting-sl4-xenon-led.html

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom