professional diving flashlight questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minos2014

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi There

I want to buy a canister diving flashlight,budget about $200-300. I just wonder is there any requirements about the size of canister ?

And any one knows the "Whats the angle of main beam and additional beam" Is it "b" is the main beam and "a" is the additonal beam ?(see below photo)
b97f8476-d63b-f4f4-4478-ce78c4e5bf9f.jpg

I am not a senior diver, But i don't know what the angle of main beam is the matters ? Some one said the beam angle more focus the more lumen will be lose .

In what kind of degree of beam angle do you guys think is the best ? many thinks

Minos

Canister lights usually run anywhere from 6-10 degrees. IMO 6 is the best in low viz or day time use. My can light has a variable focus from 6-36 degrees which covers a nice range of conditions. Lights in the 1000-1250 lumen range are probably the most common at this stage. AFAIK there is no requirement as to canister size they are what they are. Your budget might be a little on the low side even for second hand.

Canister lights usually run anywhere from 6-10 degrees. IMO 6 is the best in low viz or day time use. My can light has a variable focus from 6-36 degrees which covers a nice range of conditions. Lights in the 1000-1250 lumen range are probably the most common at this stage. AFAIK there is no requirement as to canister size they are what they are. Your budget might be a little on the low side even for second hand.

---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your reply . Sir . What you mean"IMO" ?

Last edited:
You're welcome.

IMO= In My Opinion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you please show me your diving light? "My can light has a variable focus from 6-36 degrees which covers a nice range of conditions
How can our light variable the light angle from 6-36 degrees?

Looks your light is very good and with adjustable light beam . But the retail pirce is extremely high
Total is €1016+€1211. I think is unacceptable for most of divers.

It might help to know what you want to use your light for; what conditions are you going to be using it in? Can you use a wider beam with good results or does your local water hole need a tighter beam to penetrate the gunk. Here in Puget Sound, I normally just use a DRIS 1000 which does a decent job here and a great job in blue water (especially for the price ), but when you compare it to a Dusty's Can Light ($400), it pales in comparison.

Looks your light is very good and with adjustable light beam . But the retail pirce is extremely high
Total is €1016+€1211. I think is unacceptable for most of divers.

Yes, it is expensive.

This is ones cheaper:

https://www.divegearexpress.com/lights/dgx_lights.shtml

Agree with RVBldr post above, more info might help.

Hi There

I want to buy a canister diving flashlight,budget about $200-300. I just wonder is there any requirements about the size of canister ?

And any one knows the "Whats the angle of main beam and additional beam" Is it "b" is the main beam and "a" is the additonal beam ?(see below photo)
b97f8476-d63b-f4f4-4478-ce78c4e5bf9f.jpg

I am not a senior diver, But i don't know what the angle of main beam is the matters ? Some one said the beam angle more focus the more lumen will be lose .

In what kind of degree of beam angle do you guys think is the best ? many thinks

Minos

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned andrewy's light http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...ght-15-wt-1000-lumen-dir-liio-tight-beam.html

Maximum bang for your $/€

I'm a very happy owner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom