Disassembling chinese XML light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawgorn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I bought a chinese XML dive light like this and wanted to check the condition of the O-rings.
$_12.JPG

The rear O-rings were crap, no surprise there. But for the life of me I can't get the head open. Any clues? more force aka power, use heat? Do I need to go in order (bezel, then the head) or what. Any help is appreciated. This isn't my first chinese anything from ebay, but the first one I'm lost with. Thanks.

Are you sure the head comes off? Maybe just the tactical end cap on the lens? It could be a machined body with a press fit lens end. If that's the case and you do manage to get it off it likely ain't going back on. The light was probably designed to be tossed when the LED dies. So no need to take the head apart.

Jim, I'm not sure that the comes off, but the rotating mag switch has been installed somehow. I gather the joint would be either side of it.

Malpaso, thanks, why didn't I think of CPF.

Update on this. I could not get the head open. On a positive note I did take the light down to 20-25m on several occasions and it did not flood. Unfortunately the switch is unrealible and the light flickered alot making it unusable and needing constant fiddling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom