diveflagapp.com/2014/06/hi-max-x7-dive-torch-review/

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minos2014

Contributor
Reaction score
[h=2]HI-MAX X7 DIVE TORCH REVIEW[/h]
June 10, 2014 | off
[h=4]HI-MAX X7 Dive Torch Product Review:[/h] 1.jpg
I received a sample unit of the HI-MAX X7 dive torch for review. The torch arrived in a solid and robust plastic carry case with pressure locking seals. Needless to say the packaging is far more impressive than what most dive products arrive in. The impressive quality of the product was realised immediately upon opening the case. The case contained a power-cord, battery charger, two rechargeable batteries and the dive torch itself. Below is an outline of the company and my dive trial with the HI-MAX X7.

[h=4]Hi-max X7 Specifications[/h]LED: CREE XM-L2 3 x U2 (3000 lumen) diving light
Magnetic on/off switches
Diving depth 100 meters
Aircraft grade material
Runtime: 2 hours (26650*2)
2.jpg
[h=4]HI-MAX – Dive Torch Manufacturer[/h]HI-MAX was founded in 2009, as a professional manufacturer of LED flashlights. Their claimed corporate mission is to develop innovative, high quality and durable led products. Their main product-lines include dive lights, EDC flashlights, Gun lights, HID searchings and camping lights.
HI-MAX has 1000 square meter standard workshop, professional engineers team and complete production lines. Over the last 5 years they have accumulated a wealth of experience in flashlight design, development and production.
HI-MAX flashlights have all passed the ISO9001 international quality system certification, CE, ROHS, FCC, EMC, IPX68 certification. This is possible due to theirin-house professional testing equipment. HI-MAX are committed to building a world famous brand, recognized in the diving, outdoor sports and military industries. HI-MAX vow to continue their efforts in innovation and quality.
HI-MAX dive torches are already sold in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Brazil, Russia, Korea, and Middle East, Italy, Australia etc.
3.jpg
Location: I trialled the X7 dive torch on a night dive at the Scottish Prince shipwreck on the Gold Coast, Australia. The average depth on the dive is about 12m and visibility is often 10m+.
Charging: The torch itself is cut and moulded so that each component fits the next like a glove. All joins are seamless in appearance, have a triple ’o ring’seal and secure fastening tracks. You can visually see when the components are fully fastened together as the joins meet perfectly. I unfastened the torch base and removed the batteries for charging. The batteries are inserted into the charger easily and held securely. Coloured lights indicate when the batteries are fully charged and ready for use.
4.jpg
Appearance: The torch is excellent in design and finish. On my trial other divers were interested in the accessory and asked questions about it. The torch itself has a modest and low colour profile finished in black and silver. The torch itself has a high quality/technology appeal too – which means it can blend into the highest of quality scuba gear with no chance of ‘dating’ or ‘sticking out like a sore thumb’ / colour clashing.
5.jpg
Operation: Hi-max have a number of torch models available with differing price points and functionality. The X7 which was sent to me for this trial has a simple ON / OFF function which is activated with a simple twist of the torch’s neck. Other models come with dimming and SOS modes.
During dive: The dive lasted just shy of an hour. I left the torch on, only testing mid dive how easy it was to turn OFF and back ON. The twisting mechanism felt solid but still easily adjustable with gloves and without underwater. The torch itself did not feel heavy or cumbersome to manoeuvre either.
6.jpg
The torch’s beam itself was powerful and white. The wide beam allowed for the illumination of a wide path and for a good distance. The white light allowed for the restoration of the natural colour of the marine life and structures underwater. This made for excellent video and photography conditions.

Cleaning: The torch itself simply needs to be rinsed off. This removes all of the salt on the outer casing and keeps the torch itself clean. It is recommended that you wipe the unit dry before placing the torch back into the case.
Quality – 10/10
Style – 10/10
Durability – 10/10
Overall Satisfaction – 10/10
Price – 10/10
Overall Rating – 50/50
7.jpg
I am particularly impressed with the functionality, comfort, design and durability of this product. The wrist strap on a product like this is very important as torches, masks and other accessories are easily lost on the entry or exit from the water. The wrist strap can be tightened and I have extreme confidence in its mechanism. At a price of $250.00 AUD I consider this torch a steal. To date this torch is one of the items of my gear I can look at, be proud of a even show off.
Blogger details
Frank Vorster
Owner
Dive Flag App
info@diveflagapp.com

Concerned links
https://www.facebook.com/fvorster/posts/592831565679
Hi-max X7 Dive Torch Review « Dive Flag App

This is a very nice dive lights and simple operations, You can see some cheap dead lights after two or three dive.A lot of my friends coming for this HI-MAX x7 Due to it's robust and high quality.

I highly recomment you guys try this X7 technique dive light

I'm not sure what the use is for such a large light. It's too big to put on a Goodman handle and most recreational divers are better off with a smaller light. The "review" also has a conflict of interest as the reviewer sells the light.

Back
Top Bottom