Light for ~$150

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky84

New
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a bit lost. I bought my first light back i 2009 and had it ever since. Unfortunately it died and I now have to buy a new one. It's just that there are soooo many options I don't know where to start.

So if anyone could recommend me a good light for ~$150, that would be great.

As reference, the light I've used until now is the Metalsub XL 7.2 and was quite happy with it.

I live in Canada.

Cheers!

Wow, lots of questions but without knowing, 2lights that are economical and have a wide variety of uses are the $49 Led from Divegearexpress and the $120 led 1000 lumin from Diverightinscuba. I've dealt with both companies and they are excellent.

If you want a bit more light checkout the VIZ 35 from Unifiedteamdiving, higher price but way more light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it died and I now have to buy a new one.

Hmmm... get it new life (leds+driver+battery pack )- not so hard . I dont know metalsub , but I have 4 old halogen scubapro rework on top led lights . Because your metalsub have nice upgrade from halogen to led (and it is cylindrical ) , you can nice modify that led replacement in some serious torch.

Hello!

I'm a bit lost. I bought my first light back i 2009 and had it ever since. Unfortunately it died and I now have to buy a new one. It's just that there are soooo many options I don't know where to start.

So if anyone could recommend me a good light for ~$150, that would be great.

As reference, the light I've used until now is the Metalsub XL 7.2 and was quite happy with it.

I live in Canada.

Cheers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you think of this one ? Canister dive lights 3000lumen .The price is $179.
Aliexpress.com : Buy diving canister light 3800lumen diving depth 100 meters run in 3pcs of 26650 free shipping world wide from Reliable light suppliers on ShenZhen E-Better CO.,Ltd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you think of this one ? Canister dive lights 3000lumen .The price is $179.
Aliexpress.com : Buy diving canister light 3800lumen diving depth 100 meters run in 3pcs of 26650 free shipping world wide from Reliable light suppliers on ShenZhen E-Better CO.,Ltd

stop advertising...

If you want that particular can light you can get it cheaper elsewhere with better buyer protection.
I just got one and will do a review later after I've had a chance to test it more, but it has incredibly limited useful situations. Sort of specific tech diving, handheld primaries will get you what you need for 1/3 the price.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Since 2001, SB has allowed manufacturers/dealers to promote their product provided it is a direct response to a directly asked question. No starting of promotional threads outside of the appropriate classified forum, but answering questions, most certainly. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

stop advertising...

If you want that particular can light you can get it cheaper elsewhere with better buyer protection.
I just got one and will do a review later after I've had a chance to test it more, but it has incredibly limited useful situations. Sort of specific tech diving, handheld primaries will get you what you need for 1/3 the price.

The DRIS 1000 is a good one and well under your budget.

stop advertising...

Can you please Pm me a fast review of this. ? Tnx :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom