Princeton Sector 5 flooding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectre184

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm considering purchasing my 1st dive light and was looking at Princeton Sector 5 because it's higher lumen than the Miniwave LED. Searching online reviews for the Sector 5 most people were having problems with it flooding and blaming the new switch. Anyone with Sector 5 (or 7) light having any problems?

For the same price you could get a DRIS1000. It won't be as wide of a floodlight, but it is much brighter and can pierce through a lot better. IT will also serve you better in the long run. If you want to upgrade to a bigger brighter light later it makes an excellent backup light.

I did get one for Christmas. It does have the 40 Year sticker on box. Haven't tried it in water yet. It'll be May/June before I dive again. We will do pool refresher here in January/February and I'll take it then. But the pool is only 9' deep. It's definitely bright and has good spread pattern. Length is as long as my IPhone 5 in Otterbox Armor case. I'll post update once it gets wet in pool and actual dive.

Back
Top Bottom