Battery chargers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer a mult-cell charger, because charging one battery at a time is not fun.
& a charger that does either Ni-MH & Li-ion (lithium ion) cells, so you don't have to worry about what you put in the charger.

I really like the XTAR chargers. for example: XP-4c my Xtar VP-2 (AMZN) shows the voltage, but it's only a Li-ion charger.

a reviewer says to not leave the batteries in the NiteCore Intellicharger i4 after fully charged because of the trickle charge at the end.

That nite core charger bundle is a ripoff. I paid $20 for mine from eBay and you can get much better cells than those for $40.

I got mine for $15 I think, works well, not saying I'd pay $60 for it, but for the price with the cells it was worth it when I got it. The Xtars are nice though, might have to change over

Thinking I am going to get the nitecore d4 charger.

Already have all the batteries I am going to need for a while. Was able to pick up a bunch of Sanyo unprotected 2600mah cells for 1$ each over the weekend

Thinking I am going to get the nitecore d4 charger.

Already have all the batteries I am going to need for a while. Was able to pick up a bunch of Sanyo unprotected 2600mah cells for 1$ each over the weekend
After you charge them check the voltage with a digitial multimeter or equivilant. That's to verify they got charged to the proper voltage (~4.2V) and that your $1 batteries are not defective somehow. It's a good safety practice.

Ya was already planing on doing that

---------- Post added October 6th, 2014 at 03:23 PM ----------

Ended up ordering an opus bt-c3100 v2.1 charger/analyzer at the end of the day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom