New design of video/spot dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minos2014

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi . My friends

This is Minos .and I am going to develop a new diving video/spot dive lights.I want to share some of our thoughts here . And wish some one can give us advise .

Here below is my rough idea . I wish I can get some react from you and build a good dive light for more users.
Head
For the head,I wish I can be a night dive spot light ,But mainly this one can be as a video lights.
3e47b429-eac9-0664-0fd7-a13278b81a0a.jpg
Body
The body coming with a ball mount, To easy attach
2132bc48-6256-91bd-2f2e-42b5c7143d01.jpg
For the switch.
Previously . I want to use magnetic switch . But It seems magnetic switch easy to die when the sand slip in.
So . We want us the Button with power indicator.
713ca3cb-9916-4652-9e3f-e1d9597f54f4.jpg
Thanks very much for your advise . I am appreciated all divers here can talk about what's the idealized dive video light.
Minos

Update design.
9c6c9ae8-c07f-fceb-572f-3c357623e0d2.jpg

Very very appreciate if I can get advice from you guys .

The new model are done

The new model are done
Hi-Max V11 Page 1.jpg
Hi-Max V11 Page 2.jpg

Thanks for your inquiry.

Why switch to color ?
And why not ball mount ?

---------- Post added December 6th, 2014 at 03:46 AM ----------

And i wish it had twist on/off.

---------- Post added December 6th, 2014 at 03:55 AM ----------

And spot beam/led should have been tighter. maybe even a better spot led, not xml. They throw to much corrona/spill light. 25° is preaty much usless for signaling for those with abit murky waters if they had to use this light for it.
Power indicator yes, but on head, not in switch... and like i said over, should be a more reliable twist on/off. Then i would like it! Other than that, nice design.

I think yellow and blue color will be give deep impression. Because black is common.
For the camera tray .I think YS mount is much more accepted by users .

This one is not a searching dive light . Primary is a diving video/ photography light. There is no twist on/off. But we will develop a new back up dive light
with twist on/off switch.

For the spot beam . Yes . I would like to make it more focus . But If we make a narrow beam .It means the reflector should deep and big . That will increase the diameter of the light head . after weight the pros and cons. We decided to use 25 degree .

Best regards
Minos

Hello . You can see the switch test under the press instrument

Hi-Max V11

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom