ANO CL2300 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As a bit of background, the Scubaboard member Seven007 solicited reviewers for their lights. This is an unpaid (and I'm certainly not a professional) review.

(apologies in advance to “scubastingray” for shamelessly stealing his review format)

Model: Ano Model CL2300. Spec’d at 575 – 2300 lumens (5000-7000K).

I do not have exact pricing, I’ve been told the SRP is in the mid $500 range. Two battery packs are described in the product brochure, I believe I have the 18650x6 pack (other option is 18650x12). I was unable to open the battery can to directly verify.

Packaging

Nice box with foam inserts. Universal AC power adapter with plugs for all known locations. Goodman handle included

Build quality/Physical Description

CL2300.jpg

light head and battery.jpg

Battery plug.jpg

The light is nicely put together. The magnetic switch on the light head switches between the three modes and off/on. (the bungee loop and double-ender are my additions) The battery can is made from 6061 T6 aluminum, nicely anodized black. The brochure describes two battery packs, the labeling on the unit I had indicated I had the 18650x6 pack (other option is 18650x12), however I was unable to open the battery can to directly verify. The batteries are charged by unscrewing a ‘plug’ from the top of the battery pack. The plug has a convenient hole (I threaded the charging cord through it) to make it harder to lose and as another nice touch is sealed with two O-rings.

There is an 1.8 meter cord between the can and light head (more on this later). The Goodman handle attaches to the head with two small screws that appear sufficiently sturdy, and the handle itself is nicely adjustable if you have smaller hands.
The brochure gives the specs on the light as 8 degree focused beam with a 65 degree periphery beam and the burn time as 12 hours on low mode, 6 on medium and 3 on high. Because I was diving in the PNW, the light stayed on high and I think the 3 hour burn time on high is accurate

Impressions Upon Use

This light is bright! Because I was diving where it is naturally dark, it stayed on high and it was substantially brighter than the collection of lights the other divers were using. At the end of the trip, we left the dive site/resort before dawn and I was drafted to stand in the bow of the boat and look for flotsam. In clear weather, I'd guess the beam is useful for at least 40 yards. My only complaint with the light is that the 1.8 meter cord is too long and tends to snag on boat ladders and generally just get in the way. (see fuzzy picture of me with light) In a perfect world, I’d shorten the cord down to just a little over a meter.

Would I buy this light? Without knowing the street price I can’t say for certain, but based on what I know, I’d sure give it serious consideration. It looks well built enough to withstand my tender care, it puts out a serious amount of light, I like the hot spot and overall flood pattern and the burn time is enough for me to get three dives in before I have to recharge it. Overall I’m impressed.

Here is a fuzzy picture (sorry was taken with a GoPro) that does show the light cutting through the Northwest gloom. Notice the long light cord hanging down (I'm 6'-1" and stretched out)

light in action.jpg

Hi John
Thank you for the review.You are right,It's 18650x6 pack battery.About 1.8 meter cord,We will consider make is shorter in feature.

I just wanted to reply, that the MSRP on this light is $405.90.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom