Archon D11V video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pajjpen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use them with my GOPro and they are excellent. Bright, wide angle, good color and affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awsome! Are u using the battery that comes with the light or did u buy something else? And also, which mount fits/works with these?
Cheers

I use the standard batteries and some others that I have.
I use a sealife mount, with the quick attach arms. I had to hunt to find a holder for the light, I can recall the maker.

Awsome! Are u using the battery that comes with the light or did u buy something else? And also, which mount fits/works with these?
Cheers

I like using these lights they provide a nice wide beam with which to film with. I like using it with my camera pole. Here is a short clip, using the Go Pro and one archon on a camera pole, my dive buddy is using her Archon on a shoulder mount which is paired up with a Go Pro.

[video=youtube;9tfr209YKHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tfr209YKHg[/video]

As far as the batteries are concerned, the ones that I got with did not provide that enogh burn time and I am now trying to get other type of rechargables that I here will last longer. Perhaps these are better than the ones the light came with.
Amazon.com: Tenergy 2-Channel 18650/14500 Li-ion Battery Charger and 2 Li-ion 18650 Cylindrical 3.7V 2600mAh Rechargeable Batteries-Button Top with PCB: Electronics

I have heard that these will last longer but I just odered some, and am now waiting for them, so, I will post as soon as I get a chance to try them out!

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

I use the standard batteries and some others that I have.
I use a sealife mount, with the quick attach arms. I had to hunt to find a holder for the light, I can recall the maker.

Just picked mine up from the post office, i really like the fancy looking box they come in haha!
Mine did not however come with any batteries, doesnt really matter tho as i need to get recharable ones. SRP makes 24mm light mounts specifically for these lights.

---------- Post added June 12th, 2015 at 07:12 AM ----------

I like using these lights they provide a nice wide beam with which to film with. I like using it with my camera pole. Here is a short clip, using the Go Pro and one archon on a camera pole, my dive buddy is using her Archon on a shoulder mount which is paired up with a Go Pro.

[video=youtube;9tfr209YKHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tfr209YKHg[/video]

As far as the batteries are concerned, the ones that I got with did not provide that enogh burn time and I am now trying to get other type of rechargables that I here will last longer. Perhaps these are better than the ones the light came with.
Amazon.com: Tenergy 2-Channel 18650/14500 Li-ion Battery Charger and 2 Li-ion 18650 Cylindrical 3.7V 2600mAh Rechargeable Batteries-Button Top with PCB: Electronics

I have heard that these will last longer but I just odered some, and am now waiting for them, so, I will post as soon as I get a chance to try them out!

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

Looking good, keep me posted on the batteries, still got another month before my next dive trip so i got some time to really look into the whole battery thingy.

PS. Im using the tray and loc line arms from SRP, its looking really sweet and I cant wait to try it out :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom